19 October 2007

Tribute: José Mourinho

"Please don't call me arrogant, but I'm European champion and I think I'm a special one"

Honours with Chelsea FC:
- FA Premier League: 2004/2005, 2005/2006
- League Cup: 2004/2005, 2006/2007
- FA Cup: 2007
- FA Community Shield: 2005

On 20th September 2007, José Mourinho relinquished ties with Russian oil tycoon Roman Abramovich, putting an end to his 3 years spell in Chelsea F.C. Mourinho left as the most successful manager in Chelsea's history, winning 6 trophies. He was also undefeated in all his league home games. A remarkable achievement in mere 3 years.
Life in Stamford Bridge has been pretty blue since the departure of their talismanic manager. Apart from all the actions on the pitch, there seemed to be something missing elsewhere in English Football. All the flurry and high-spirited actions along the touchline seemed to sink into a stalemate.
I am not a Chelsea fan. But as long time spuds of English football, we will certainly miss his presence. Though his charisma and wit will not be appreciated by all, they will definitely be a noteworthy addition to the history of football.
Yes, he is cocky and egotistic.
But you have to admit that he is cocksure good and a true-blue maestro of Chelsea F.C.





"If I wanted an easy job... I would have stayed at Porto - beautiful blue chair, UEFA Champions League trophy, God and, after God, me." - José Mourinho

No comments: